Cookie #3 for the 10 Days of Cookies.
Peanut butter and chocolate go together like... wine and cheese. Unless you're some kind of weirdo (like my Grandma) and don't like peanut butter... you'd agree that it's probably one of the best things on the planet.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Kiss Recipe:
Makes about 24-30 cookies depending on the size
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy-I used smooth)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
24-30 dark chocolate kisses, unwrapped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter. Then add the vanilla and egg, beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the flour mixture with the peanut butter mixture, stir until incorporated.
- Roll the batter into 1 inch balls and place on the prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Place 1 unwrapped dark chocolate kiss on each ball of dough, and smash down just until the kiss sits inside the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until they turn light brown around the edges.
Enjoy warm. Store in airtight container for about a week, or you can freeze for longer storage.