What are "C" cookies you ask? They're a little concoction I came up with after having a delightful molten lava cake with caramel and cashews. It was so delicious it inspired me to create these cookies!
This is a Salt City Bakery original recipe... so I hope y'all feel special that I'm sharing this one with you!
Chewy & Crunchy Chocolate Caramel Cashew Cookies
See all the C's in that name? That's why I called them "C" cookies... because it's so much easier than saying "chewy and crunchy chocolate caramel cashew cookies". Betcha can't say that 10 times fast! Yeah, neither could I.
3/4 cup melted butter, cooled
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup dark dutch process cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup packed brown sugar (dark or light-either works)
1/2 cup cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup crushed cashews
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped up salted caramel bits*
- mix butter, sugars, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until fluffy
- whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt
- add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined
- add in the cashews, caramel & chocolate chips and mix until well incorporated
- scoop out desired amount (depending on how big, or small you want your cookies) onto parchment lined baking sheets. Then place baking sheets in freezer for 10 minutes, meanwhile preheat oven to 350.
- remove cookie sheets from freezer and bake for 12-15 minutes
*The caramel I used in these cookies was a delightful Fleur de Sel (salted caramel) from a sweet little shop called Have it Confections, and is hands down THE. BEST. CARAMEL I have ever had. This caramel is seriously SO good, you guys, I wouldn't lie!
The shop owners really know what they're doing, and you can tell they really love what they do. It certainly shows in their goodies, no only by the way they taste and all of the fine ingredients they use, but even in the way they package their goodies and their customer service! Phenomenal! So I couldn't resist using it in my cookies.
The shop is on Etsy, as you know (only a minor obsession of mine!) Go order your a bunch of bars just to eat, or even use in these cookies! Also when checking out their shop you MUST try their cloud 9 caramel, and their French hazelnut nougat. I seriously dream about this stuff! They also have really good homemade marshmallows... and that's saying a lot coming from me, because I hate marshmallows. I saw their hazelnut swirl marshmallows and couldn't resist, especially knowing how good all of their other sweets are, I knew their marshmallows would be divine, and they are!