I've been wanting to make cookies like this for awhile. They're like a granola bar, only better because they're a cookie!
I really put a lot of different things in these cookies, feel free to change it up how ever you'd like though. I'm pretty sure I'll never make them the same way twice!
This recipe is really easy, I told you that I was going to keep it simple this year.
Everything but the kitchen sink, cookie recipe:
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp espresso powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup granulated cane sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp almond extract
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup almonds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup M & M candies
1/2 cup dried fruit of your choice. I used cranberries, blueberries & pomegranate seeds (about 1/4 cup of each)
Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Cream the butter in a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachement, with the sugars
- Add in the eggs and almond extract
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, soda, salt, espresso, nutmeg and cinnamon. Then add to the butter mixture until just incorporated.
- Add in everything else (oats, coconut, sunflower seeds, almonds, chocolate chips, M & M candies and dried fruit) or whatever you feel like adding.
- Scoop out with cookie scoop and place on parchment lined baking sheets about 1" apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges.
- Then stuff your face, because apparently that's what you do when you eat these cookies, because they are "like crack" and most of my co-workers couldn't stop eating them!